Friday, January 6, 2012

Competent Communication

The person I have decided to write about it my boss. I believe she exhibits many important qualities which make her a competent communicator. 
Some of her behaviors which make her a competent communicator are:
She is able to make people feel comfortable to communicate with her.
She listens.
She is able to hold meets and have everyones attention.
She uses real examples when talking.
She is personable.
She is comforting.
She is very good at customer relations.
When she disagrees with people, she gives examples of why.
She is easy to talk to.
I would want to model my own behaviors after her. I respect her a lot and have learned a lot from her about communicating with others. She has really helped me learn to communicate with upset parents and that was an area I used to struggle with but she taught me not to get defensive but to really listen to them and try to find a solution. I look up to her and her communication skills.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    I think your boss does sound like a competent communicator, when holding meetings it is very important to be able to keep every ones attention, and discuss different issues or situations that are happening. Communicating with upset parents is a great skill to have, altogether being able to communicate with someone when they are upset is a good skill to have. Just listening to them is the best thing you can do, even if you do not agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    I agree with you that sharing real life examples while speaking is a great form of communication. I think that when people do this they are clarifying the discussion and also ensuring to others the realities that exist with the topic at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, having a boss that is effective communicator not easy fot find, especially one that is able to share and assist in resolutions in difficult situations.

    ReplyDelete