Friday, February 10, 2012

Week 6: Group Development

During the summer of 2007 I was involved in a program called Camp Adventure and lived in Naples Italy for 3 months. I along with 15 other college students worked as camp counselors for military children. This was the hardest group I have ever had to leave. We had to constantly work together to program for the children we were working with, we had to plan events, etc. I know we went through the “storming” process but looking back I have nothing but great memories. By the end of our 3 months of task happened like clock work, we all just knew what we had to do and got it done. I think the reasons why the adjourning process was so is because we had become a family over those three months and had to depend on each other, learned so much together and experienced so much together. 
When my colleagues and I are going through the adjourning process I think it will be very positive one. We have all worked together and will have accomplished what we set out to do. I think we will all be happy for each other and excited for what the future holds. 

Adjourning is essential because it gives you closure and time to reflect. 

4 comments:

  1. Amy, it is great that you have the experience of working in a group that gave you perspective and to be able to interact with people on level that most do not have the opportunity to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I think you are exactly right about our classes and how we will be excited for each other. We will all have a hope for each other for the next goals we will all be reaching for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The group that you worked with does sound like it would be hard to part with. When we find people or children that we work well with we have a hard time parting. Working with children in the form that you do sounds very interesting. What a great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, It sounds like your group is a close family that would be difficult topart with. Leaving a group can be bittersweet but also exciting because it's the start of a new begining.

    ReplyDelete