Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Examining Codes of Ethics

#1. "I-1.3—To recognize and respect the unique qualities, abilities, and potential of each child."

I chose this NAEYC ideal because I believe that the children come first and we need to support each child and how they learn. We need to form to the child in order to help them be success in the future. As a teacher I want each child to feel special and like an individual.

#2. "I-1.10—To ensure that each child’s culture, language, ethnicity, and family structure are recognized and valued in the program."

I see this NAEYC ideal as an essential to a quality program. Not only does it instill pride in the children for who they are but it also helps the family feel more comfortable and respected.  For me I try my hardest to make sure that the children are proud of whom they are and I give them a chance to share with others.

#3. "PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND PREPARATION 4. We shall support professionals new to the field by mentoring them in the practice of evidence and ethically based services."

This DEC code of ethics is very important. I believe this is a form of motivation for the staff, to let them talk to others and get excited about ideas. It also is a great educational tool, people learn from others and giving people a chance to mentor those who are not as experienced is a great way to spread knowledge. We have interns who come into our classroom my goal is to set an example for them and answer any questions they have about early childhood education.

2 comments:

  1. I like the ethics you chose. I feel that we need to recognize and appreciate each childs ethnicity and differences. By encouraging parent involvement I think that it helps make the child more comfortable with their own heritage. I know I like to have families come in and talk about their traditions, or even about their way of dressing sometimes. Other students find it fascinating and it builds on our classroom community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe its important to support new members to the field. We must embrace them and be as encouraging as possible and be the shoulder they can lean on.

    ReplyDelete