Thursday, January 20, 2011

Personal Childhood Web

My mom, her name is Kathy and she has been the best mom. Every since I can remember she has been the person I could tell anything and would support me know matter what. While growing up I was the youngest and definitely tested my parents but no matter what I did my mom would always listen to my side of the story. She is the person who took care of me, taught me to read and always believed in me. My mom told me from a young age that there was something special about me and that I was going to do great things. I call my mom every day and I know that if I’m having the best or worst day that she will be there for me.

My dad, his name is Pat. He is a great guy; he is very friendly, funny, loving and smart. Growing up his sense of humor definitely helped me get in good moods when I was upset, he always knew how to get me to smile and still does. He would always help me with my homework and give good advice. I used to get embarrassed by how friendly my dad was when I was younger and now I see myself acting just like him. I still to this day depend on my dad for advice and to help cheer me up when I down.

My sister, this is Megan. She is my oldest sister and played the role as an oldest sister while growing up, she is 5 years older than me. I remember Megan coming into my room after my parents put me to bed and re-tucking me in, she would say, “snug as a bug in a rug.” I recently reminded her of this because I did it to a kid in my preschool class and she could not believe I remembered that, we were thinking it was when I was in preschool and kindergarten. Megan showed me that extra care and I learned that from her. She showed patience with me (I was the rebel child) and I learned that, it helps me every day. Megan is very supportive, I still look up to her and she is now an amazing friend!

This is my sister Brittany. Brittany was probably the coolest person I knew growing up. I wanted to be just like her. She always dressed the best, did the coolest things, I really looked up to her. I know sometimes I got on her nerves but no one has been as protective of me as Brittany. She always (and still does) called me her little Mamie and watched over me. We are exactly 3 years apart (we have the same Birthday) so for the most part always went to the same schools and she would watch over me. Over the years Brittany has grown into an amazing friend (still protective of me)!

This is my grandma. She is the person that would take care of me when I was sick growing up. My family and I would go over to her house every week, usually we would go to church and she would make us dinner. In middle school my dad and I would go over to her house every morning and eat breakfast with her. My grandma is a lady who tells you her views, she made sure that my sisters and I knew we were Irish and to be proud of it. She is a tough lady but I know how much she loves me. I love when I go back to Iowa to sit in her living room on the same couch I laid on while sick when I was young and I listen to her tell me stores about when she was growing up. My grandma will always be honest with me.

5 comments:

  1. It is so interesting how the different people in your family and their different qualities shaped who you are today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, it sounds like you have the same type of relationship with your mom as I do! I never realized growing up that eventually she was going to be my best friend. If there is a day that goes by when we don't talk, I really miss it and feel depressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closest people in my life are also my parents and sister. I am happy for you that you were blessed with a great family and sisters - sisters truly are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful family, and it is apparent that everyone is supportive of you. Thank you for sharing your special people in your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Code of Ethics addressed are great and are consistent with the ones that touch me as well. When you spoke of the student workers that come in and assist you, I could relate. How often do we get those and they need some ethical advice from us. Keep up the good work Amy!

    ReplyDelete